United Natural Foods, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Independent Sales Rep
at United Natural Foods, inc.
Partner with assigned independent customers to ensure they have the right products at the right time in the right placement.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Order products that aligns with the needs of the customer.
- Responsible for effectively displaying store products.
- Responsible for maintaining effective business relationships with customers.
- Responsible for arriving promptly at customer locations on assigned route for service.
- Responsible for rotating stock and removing out of code product.
- Process merchandise returns and issue credits according to company policy.
- Ensure the neat and orderly appearance of UNFI products.
- Responsible for product and/or delivery notification to customers.
- Assist in hanging shelf tags and promotional POS/POP materials and resets.
- Sell promotional and sales programs as assigned.
- Identify, recommend, and perform product demonstrations.
- Identify stores in sales territory that are not current customers, research needs, develop a plan, present proposal to store management and follow up as needed.
- Monitor competitive activities in the sales territory, communicate activity to supervisory personnel and recommend paths forward to increase company profitability, and follow up on these opportunities.
- Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures, as appropriate for location.
- Follow through on customer product requests.
- Keep management informed of area activities and of any significant concerns.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Provides backup for other field sales representatives when needed.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned
- Identify, present, and sell to store management, opportunities to increase store sales through substitution of slow-moving items with alternative products.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent related experience
- Valid driver's license necessary
- Auto insurance levels that meet UNFI requirements
- Prior customer service experience in a retail setting
- System Implementation Preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good communication skills
- Organization skills and attention to detail
- Basic math abilities
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to get in and out of car multiple times per day
- Drive to and from accounts safely in city, rural and expressway conditions
- Ability to set up displays, fixtures, shelving and products
- Able to tolerate exposure to store and warehouse conditions including wide variances in temperature, dust and dirt
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs