United Northern Mortgage Bankers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mortgage Loan Underwriter - Remote
at United Northern Mortgage Bankers
Want to join a mortgage bank with over 40 years of experience in the industry? How about one that's been nominated for 2 years in a row as a "Best Place To Work" by Newsday and National Mortgage News? The team here at United Northern Mortgage Bankers is looking for exceptional talent as we continue to grow our company through the turmoil of 2020 and beyond. Come find out exactly why we are voted a "Best" employer, and why many of our employees have over 10 years of continued service with us. We offer competitive salary packages, benefits, 401k, incentives, and all sorts of other company perks that pop up throughout the year!
Compensation: Salary range commensurate with experience. Bonus structure in addition to salary. Overtime eligible. 401k match, medical/vision benefits, supplemental Aflac also available.
Underwriters are one of the most critical roles in our entire organization! They are the ultimate decision makers in the process of closing a loan, and thus must be decisive, confident and adaptable to any situation. United Northern Mortgage Bankers is seeking such individuals for our Remote Underwriter position. At UNMB, you will act as a frontline underwriter for conventional residential mortgage loans in accordance with Secondary Market, Investor and Government (FHA/VA) and GSE underwriting guidelines. You will be part of a completely cross-functional team that will be there to assist, guide and encourage you to succeed. We handle a very high volume of loans (new purchase and refi) with a rapid turn around time - typically 48 hours!. You'll underwrite FHA, VA, SONYMA, Fannie and Freddie loans primarily within the New York state region, as well as within the 20 other states that UNMB is currently licensed in. We utilize Encompass LOS and deliver constant training throughout the year on our systems, new industry developments and status changes.
This position is a permanent, full-time REMOTE opportunity with UNMB. Candidates must be able to work 9am - 5pm Mon-Fri on an EST time schedule.
Salary: Commensurate With Experience - $80K - $110K, plus Bonus and Overtime. 401k match, Medical/Vision benefits, Aflac supplemental available.
- Underwrite FHA/VA and Conventional loan applications ensuring adherence to Company and investor credit quality standards.
- Analyze and evaluate mortgage loan files, which includes customer’s application, income documentation, appraisal and title reports.
- Provide support to Loan Officers and Relationship Managers regarding questions and/or clarification of inquiries, loan files, and underwriting guidelines.
- Ensure timely review and follow-up steps in order to meet and exceed customer’s expectations.
- 3 + years underwriting residential mortgage experience and conforming conventional experience.
- FHA DE Status preferred but not required
- SAR/LAPP preferred, but not required.
- Working knowledge of Encompass.LOS
- Flexibility to occasionally work beyond 9am to 5pm to meet production
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong commitment to customer service.
- Capability of working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Computer literacy - experienced with Microsoft Office Suite.
Room for professional growth within the company for the right candidate.
- In business for over 40 years, UNMB is licensed to service homeowners and buyers in 20 states
- One of the exclusive few agencies with direct approval from Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA/VA and SONYMA
- Named a “Best Place to Work” by both Newsday and National Mortgage News 2 years in a row
- A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau
- We facilitate your success by offering comprehensive training and modern industry tools from day one