Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Marketing Manager - MEDCO Tool
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: e1ef811f-602a-4fa5-bcb9-8402ec98bc06
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and communicates overall and detailed channel marketing strategies for key customer segments, including determining suitable promotions, programs, pricing, and advertising to meet or exceed revenue and profitability goals.
- Maintains a marketing calendar for the organization and communicates the key content to all functional departments to ensure successful implementation of all initiatives.
- Regularly interfaces with the Sales and Merchandising teams to create meaningful programs that are market relevant and channel specific. Coordinates with all functional areas to implement strategies on marketing programs and new product lines launches.
- Manages programs for channel specific advertising materials. Collaborates with Graphics to ensure accurate and timely production of marketing materials and to initiate new channel specific advertising materials.
- Develops metrics aligned to goals for projects and programs launched on behalf of customers and the sales organization to track effectiveness. Leverages market research processes and practices, to include competitive research, market segmentation, customer research, and behavior modeling research.
- Oversees customer shows, events, and association programs to maximize our opportunity to drive incremental revenue through these contacts
- Manages people, processes, budgets, performance management, compliance activities, and associate development as required by the job.
- Provides appropriate oral and written information to management and internal and external customers.
- Maintains and expands product and technical knowledge by attending workshops, reviewing publications, and establishing personal networks with vendors. Contributes to departmental and Company effectiveness by sharing information gathered.
- Contributes to a positive team environment within the department and the Company participating on special and long-term project teams.
- Observes and enforces all Company rules and safety practices.
- Within the knowledge, skill, and/or ability of the individual, performs such other duties as shall be required by management.
- Tools and Equipment Used: Computer, calculator, phone, fax.
- Interfaces (Internal and External)
- Daily contact with Marketing, Purchasing, Category Management, Sales, and Senior Management in person and by phone and fax.
- Frequent contact with Key Customers and Buying Groups, Customer Service, Accounting and other Company locations in person and by phone or fax to obtain and provide information.
- Normal office environment. Moderate (35%) local and overnight travel to other locations.
- Minimum Requirements (Education and Experience):
- 5-7 years’ work experience in marketing with at least 2 years of experience in the automotive aftermarket.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related area preferred
- Strong customer and presentation skill
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Supervisory experience preferred
- PC skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)