UniTek Global Services Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Accountant in King of Prussia, PA at UniTek Global Services, Inc.
at UniTek Global Services Inc
Job Summary: Accounting responsibilities pertaining to the corporate and shared services accounting functions, specifically related to month-end close and internal/external reporting. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including but not limited to, general ledger journal entries, account reconciliation preparation and review, variance analyses, consolidations, monthly financial reporting, and year-end audit preparation. Also contribute to process improvements throughout the shared services team, as well as various divisions.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Manage and execute monthly accounting close, including balance sheet reconciliations and budget variance analysis for shared services.
- Prepare corporate allocation journal entries and communicate effectively with counterparts in other divisions for intercompany activities.
- Manage fixed assets accounting for all divisions, including compliance of generally accepted accounting principles, as well as capex budget reporting.
- Manage accounting procedures for commercial and medical insurance including journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and intercompany transactions.
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Installs, modifies, documents, and coordinates implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures
- Assist with completion of annual audit of external financials.
- Responds to inquiries from the Accounting Manager, Corporate Controller, and other finance and firm wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Collaborates with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Other duties as assigned