Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Employee Benefits Account Executive (Sales)
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Insurance - Agents
Univest Insurance is looking for professional, highly ambitious, and motivated leaders to be a part of our Employee Benefits Sales team.
Strong working knowledge of ALL Microsoft Office products is a plus.
Production of New Business -
- Prospect for new sales opportunities.
- Develop relationships with centers of influence.
- Community involvement
- Develop referral sources.
- Maintaining prospect database.
- Meet with prospects to determine insurance needs.
- Develop proposal for presentation to client.
- Assist in creation of RFP with Account Manager
- Analyze and summarize quotes.
- Decide on coverage recommendations.
- Present proposal and close sale.
- Take applications and coordinate enrollment with Account Manager.
- Assist in transfer of coverages.
- Finalize all details and deliver to Account Manager for installation of case.
- Maintain production reports and attend all sales meetings as required.
- Keep informed of industry developments through review of trade press and by attending insurance carrier training meetings on new products, etc.
Retention of Existing Business -
- Maintain/develop relationship with clients, and serve as primary contact.
- Coordinate and finalize renewals.
- Market case, summarize options, present alternatives, and re-enroll case, as necessary.
- Round out accounts by selling other coverages, where appropriate.
Client Service -
- Assist on any technical issues, major problems, as necessary
- Help Account Managers with cases, as needed.
Miscellaneous Responsibilities -
- Assist in maximizing/meeting individual sales goal.
- Assist in developing and maintaining carrier relationships.
- Attend seminars/classes to keep current on changes in regulations/benefits/carriers.
- Responsible for cross sale of account, where possible.
- Promote agency and insurance industry in the community.
- Perform other specific duties as assigned.
- Responsible for compliance with laws and regulations that apply to this position, including the Univest Code of Conduct
- Must have a broad knowledge of insurance products and the insurance marketplace, as well as having/developing technical expertise.
- Must be fully licensed for life and health or able to attain license
- Experience in self-funding and fringe benefits is a plus.
- Working knowledge of the mid-Atlantic area is preferred.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.