Veolia North America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Veolia North America
Under general direction, the mechanic performs and is responsible for a variety of maintenance and operational functions. This is a skilled position that performs operational and maintenance duties to keep equipment and processes fully operational. Perform preventative maintenance, repair programs and procedures; inspects equipment with may include mechanical, electromechanical, pneumatic and/or hydraulic equipment at facility. Fully qualified to perform the most complex functions and be willing to provide assistance to others to complete maintenance tasks.
- Perform work in a professional and safe manner compliant with policies, procedures and work practices.
- Contribute to creating a safety culture; monitor self and others to ensure safe work practices. Stop unsafe behavior; report unsafe work practices promptly as defined to appropriate individuals and team members.
- Report to work, on time, as scheduled; able and prepared to work.
- Work 12 hour rotating shifts, which include holidays and weekends.
- Must have the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot mechanical problems in single or multiple unit processes and take action to correct the process problems by chemical, physical or mechanical adjustments to the process.
- Carry out verbal and written tasks, assignments and instructions; i.e., standard operating procedures, work orders.
- Effectively prioritize work requests and complete tasks timely not to disrupt operations.
- Compete and submit required reports, paperwork, accurately and timely.
- Maintain a safe, neat and clean work environment this includes: work areas, break rooms and common areas. When finish clean return tools and equipment to appropriate location.
- Communicate effectively and timely with team members; follow up to ensure accurate understanding to solve operational issues.
- Demonstrate behavior that contributes to creating effective teams and positive work environments.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with managers and employees
- Maintain working knowledge of Veolia policies, work practices, regulations and customer requirements.
- Maintain knowledge and commitment to continuously learning to ensure effective solutions for continuous operations. Share knowledge with team.
- Perform other job duties as requested to support the business operations.
At Veolia North America, we offer our customers a wide range of environmental solutions and help address their environmental and sustainability challenges. By blending our innovative business model with our employee’s skills in operations, engineering, and technology, we are able to supply our customers with the complete package. Our services encompass three areas: energy, water, and waste. At Veolia, we are more than the world’s leading provider of environmental solutions – we are dedicated to customized, cost-effective solutions that reflect best practices, environmental protection, and a better quality of life!
Veolia is a dynamic and rewarding place to work – our management team values and recognizes the unique talents and potential of all employees. In addition, we offer our employees excellent rewards and a dynamic, professional work environment. We also provide a comprehensive benefit package to our employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, employee matched 401(k) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement plan, paid time off for vacation, sick and personal leave, and much more!
Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Join the Veolia North America Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities!
What is a Talent Network?
- High School diploma or GED.
- Valid Driver’s License and maintain throughout employment.
- Pass drug screens, physical and safety sensitive background check.
- 3 years of experience in maintenance position or performing job tasks in an industrial work environment.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Read, write and understand instructions/signs/directions in English.
- Proficiency using PC, word processing and email software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to effectively engage with others.
- Demonstrate sound judgment, work independently under general supervision in team environment.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Mathematical aptitude, attention to detail and follow up to complete tasks.
- Work effectively in dynamic and diverse team environments.
- Wear required personnel protective equipment including; gloves, respirators, safety glasses, foot protection and hard hat.
- Lift, push, pull or carry up to 50 lbs; up to 100 lbs with assistance
- Sit and stand periodically and for extended periods of time; climb ladders and stairs, reach below knees and above shoulders; kneel and crawl to access work areas.
- Enter and exit company vehicles without assistance.
- Stand, walk, bend, stoop; reach forward and grasp, manipulate fingers to pick up and hold items.
- Balance while walking on wet and slick surfaces, metal grates, narrow platforms/pathways, and uneven surfaces. Able to walk across pathways with open enclosures at heights of 10 to 25 feet.
- Work in loud, cold, hot, wet and dry environments; both indoors and outdoors in inclement weather.