Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Carpenter / Drywall Finisher
Wagman Construction Field Operations
Full Time Hourly
Wagman is a fourth generation, family owned general contracting business serving the Mid-Atlantic Region out of offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia. Wagman Construction, Inc. serves senior living, urban, institutional, healthcare and higher education markets.
We are currently looking for Drywall Finishers to join our General Construction team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to read blueprints.
- Prepare layout, using ruler, framing square and level according to blueprints
- Experience with stick framing and wall panel construction.
- Experience hanging drywall, fit and fasten drywall into position on wood or metal framework using glue, nails or screws.
- Measure and cut openings in panels or tiles for electrical outlets, windows, vents, plumbing, or other fixtures, using saws and other cutting tools.
- Construct, erect, install and repair structures and fixtures of wood, plywood and wallboard using hand tools and power tools.
- Assemble, cut, and shape materials and fasten them together with nails, dowel pins or glue.
- Erect framework for structures and lay subflooring.
- Build stairs and lay out and install partitions and cabinet work.
- Fit and install prefabricated window frames, doors, doorframes, weather stripping, interior and exterior trim and finish hardware; such as locks.
- Erect scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
- Pour concrete in forms which requires vibrating, shoveling and raking.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds from ground level to waist level and up to 30 pounds to above shoulder level throughout a scheduled work shift.
- Continuous standing and walking required throughout a scheduled work shift.
- Must be able to perform simple grasping and fine manipulation tasks with both hands.
- Must be able to climb ladders.
- Must be able to bend, squat, kneel and crawl.
- Must be able to work outdoors in wet, muddy, cold, hot and humid weather.
- Acceptable corrected vision (in both eyes) and acceptable corrected hearing required.
- The ability to reach, lift and perform work above shoulder height – and the ability to work on uneven and in confined spaces.
Wagman is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.