Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Wagman Geotechnical - PA
Full Time Hourly
Wagman is a fourth generation, family owned general contracting business serving the Mid-Atlantic Region out of offices in Pennsylvania and Virginia. Wagman Heavy Civil’s core competencies include: design-build, bridges, structures, marine, modified concrete and geotechnical services.
We are currently looking for Laborers, Skilled and Unskilled, to join our Geotechnical Group.
The Geotechnical Construction Services group provides comprehensive services for projects requiring foundations and earth retention systems. Work is performed outdoors year round. Employees will be exposed to wet, muddy, cold, hot and humid weather conditions.
The ideal candidate is a motivated and dependable individual. This individual must have the ability to communicate and work well with others. Experience in earth work, small tool operation and drilling is preferred. Qualified candidates must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. Travel is a requirement of this position as work is performed in Central and Eastern Pennsylvania as well as the Mid-Atlantic Region. Wagman offers excellent pay, benefits and the opportunity for advancement.
Unskilled labor candidates will receive on the job training.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry, load, or unload materials
- Record meter readings and report information to foreman as required
- Dig with picks, shovels, air hammers, jack hammers or other construction related equipment as required
- Arrive to project site on-time and participate in job discussions and daily safety meetings
- Clean up site trash and debris and place in dumpster or appropriate dedicated disposal area
- Lift and place lagging boards onto shoring walls
- Work with materials such as: wood, concrete, steel to name a few
- Work with and maintain construction related equipment when needed (grout machines, drilling machines, compressors)
- Work with hoses for all types of machines on the job site
- Responsible for your own safety and required to wear proper jobsite PPE as directed
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds from ground level to waist level and 30 pounds to above shoulder level throughout a scheduled work shift.
- Continuous standing and walking required throughout a scheduled work shift.
- Must be able to perform simple grasping and fine manipulation tasks with both hands.
- Must be able to climb ladders.
- Must be able to bend, squat, kneel and crawl.
- Must be able to work outdoors in wet, muddy, cold, hot and humid weather.
- Position requires acceptable corrected vision (in both eyes) and acceptable corrected hearing.
- It also requires the ability to reach, lift and perform work above shoulder height—and the ability to work on uneven surfaces and in confined spaces.
Wagman is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.