Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager of Enterprise Productivity
at Wawanesa Insurance
The Manager of Enterprise Productivity is responsible for leading and driving new initiatives to streamline business processes, eliminate non-value added costs, reduce complexity, and champion productivity improvement. The Enterprise Productivity Manager must lead large cross functional teams to successfully implement initiatives, and is responsible for managing the portfolio of savings projects, while also identifying new ideas to continually build the productivity improvement program pipeline.
- Lead and/or partner with cross-functional teams to streamline business processes, eliminate non-value-added costs, reduce complexity, and champion productivity improvement to achieve $25M+ savings per year. Collaborate with strategic partners to determine appropriate process and system strategies to support productivity improvement projects which will add value and achieve savings goals. Develop, drive and communicate initiatives throughout the organization.
- Advise and lead process improvement methodology and oversee the use of process maps and other process improvement industry tools to identify opportunities, determine risks, map critical paths, and assess impact of the process change to the business.
- Design and implement an efficient and effective testing process for each initiative to achieve the objective, while also ensuring continual enhancement to the quality of our products and services in the eye of the customer.
- Develop metrics to ensure appropriate controls are identified, prioritized, and monitored to support effectiveness of implemented changes.
- Utilize the program portfolio database to manage all projects from initiation through completion to ensure realization of the savings or complexity reduction goal. Leverage Keyed In tool to drive productivity initiative submittals, communicate with key partners on programs, manage priorities, and address challenges. Partner with appropriate teams to assure Enterprise Productivity process and savings tracking program is being implemented effectively, validated accordingly, and forecasted properly. Manage the cross-functional relationships and communicate program status among critical partners in the organization.
- Identify a pipeline of new initiatives that enforce productivity as an ongoing mindset versus a one-time project. Assist in leading sustainable ideation sessions across the business to ignite and inspire creativity; bringing out the best ideas within Wawa. Value opportunities early to support business prioritization. Manage network of “Productivity Champions” from each business function to generate new ideas and drive productivity projects.
- Influence key partners while aligning systems with processes that deliver a continuous stream of value to Wawa’s customers while continuously eliminating waste and deficiencies in process.
- Partner with Planning and Analysis team in managing the annual Enterprise Productivity budget to develop appropriate stretch goals for cross-functional partners to continuously challenge our cost structure and ways of doing things.
- Build long-term plan for continuous productivity improvements through the identification of larger, transformational projects. Continuously evolve the Enterprise Productivity program to meeting business needs.
- . Provide overall direction and support for team and monitor and assess individual work in accordance with high standards of excellence. Provide feedback, coaching, support, opportunities for development, complete performance appraisals, take corrective action when appropriate, and participate in hiring decisions.
- Communicate effectively to all levels of the organization both orally and in writing
- Strong business acumen and ability to challenge the status quo
- Exceptional leadership and problem-solving skills
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Analyze information and effectively propose solutions
- Handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Organize, plan and manage projects in a timely and efficient manner
- Establish and maintain a working environment conducive to positive morale, individual style, quality, creativity, and teamwork
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Negotiate effectively
- Ability to travel 10-15% of the time
Skill / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred. MBA a plus.
- Minimum of (10) years related business experience, with expertise in driving and leading midsize-to-large business improvement projects with above-average levels of complexity and business criticality
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the critical cost drivers of the business and the ability to identify and take action on opportunities
- Exceptional relationship building and leadership skills. Proven ability to develop strong relationships at all levels within an organization
- Extensive background with project management processes, techniques, and tools
- Highly developed consultative, facilitation, project management and presentation skills
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office suite applications