Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at WR Systems
W R Systems, Ltd. has a potential need for a Software Engineer to provide software development and lifecycle support of shipboard control systems onboard US Navy ships.
Position responsibilities to include, but are not limited to the following:
• Develop software for embedded ship machinery control systems.
• Use networked and IP-based systems and knowledge of network protocols including TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol) and UDP (User datagram Protocol) for software maintenance and sustainment.
• Develop, plan, schedule, and execute test plans and test procedures for control system computer programs and hardware.
• Document issues, faults, or deficiencies found during software and hardware testing. Troubleshoot issues, identify root cause and provide solutions to enable testing to continue.
• Provide remote troubleshooting assistance to onsite control system representatives that are supporting ship light off and installation activities.
• Develop software programs for use in test tools and facility infrastructure utilizing Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) ladder logic code, Python, C#, and LabVIEW as well as other related high level programming languages
• Perform shipboard software loads on Microsoft/Linux computers and processors, VxWorks processors, PLC processors and cards, and circuit level firmware.
Candidates must possess the following skills and experience:
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering or a Cyber Security related degree from an ABET accredited program.
• Three (3) years professional experience in software development in engineering and/or control systems.
• Security + certification or CISSP Certification.
• Experience in the following software languages: C/C++, C#, Java, Visual basic, and MATLAB, as well as other related high level programming languages in the following environments: Visual Studio and .NET Framework.
• Experience maintaining and configuring various operating systems such as Windows, Linux, VxWorks, or other embedded systems.
• Experience with cyber controls such as intrusion detection systems, intrusion prevention system, firewall configurations, and access control lists.
• Experience developing and/or maintaining new and/or existing cyber security requirements.
• Experience with IT infrastructure, networks, and/or network security
Minimal travel is required.
Ability to obtain and maintain Secret Security Clearance.
*This position is contingent upon contract and task order award*
The selected candidate will support the organization's mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: high standard of quality in conduct and performance; determination to achieve excellence; ownership; accountability; competence; collaboration; innovation; focus; drive; enthusiasm; mutual trust and respect; dedication; loyalty; and good citizenship.
W R Systems, Ltd. has a proven track record of high employee retention. We have been providing engineering, science and systems innovations, support and solutions to Public and Private sector since 1983. We encourage individual growth and provide a flexible work schedule with competitive benefit package. We acknowledge individual and group achievements through awards, bonuses, and various other formal and informal methods.
W R Systems, Ltd., is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any additional factors that are protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action / Minority / Female / Vet / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity