Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Scientist Sequencing
at WuXi AppTec
- Job ID
Independent Sequencing Scientist who demonstrates advanced technical sequencing expertise, particularly Next Generation Sequencing (NGS), and significantly contributes significantly to sequencing operations in the Molecular Biology Testing lab. Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills and actively contributes to staff training. Generates GMP, R&D and validation reports, GMP documents and GMP Batch Records in role as Sequencing Study Director/ Technical Reviewer. Demonstrates strong supervisory skills and contributes to the achievement of company and departmental goals and objectives. Performs and directs assays according to and in compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP), Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and/or Points to Consider (PTC) guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Demonstrates innovative and independent scientific technical expertise in sequencing.
- Conducts and directs assays and lab procedures according to and in compliance with GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs.
- Accurately completes batch records and other required documentation according to and in compliance with GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs.
- Works with Department Scheduling Supervisor to coordinate sequencing assays.
- Contributes independently to overall scientific rigor of laboratory operations through objective laboratory investigation.
- As assigned by Management, supervises personnel and assumes all associated responsibilities.
- As assigned by Management, acts as Study Director, Area Manager, or Principal Investigator for assays, conducts critical review of results and data, and assumes all associated responsibilities.
- Demonstrates proficiency in scientific theory and rigorous practical application in the completion of lab procedures.
- Designs and independently conducts scientific development projects from inception to completion.
- Initiates, prepares and revises technical documents and reports.
- Effectively communicates and defends science through written and verbal communication.
- Performs assays using appropriate sequencing laboratory techniques.
- Reports observations of ongoing tests to Study Directors, Area Manager or Principal Investigator.
- Communicates with supervisor and other colleagues re: daily lab activities, instrument and assay issues and test method performance.
- Provides training on areas of technical expertise and compliance issues relevant to the lab setting and trains new personnel in lab procedures.
- Minimum of one year experience
- Specialized hands on training and experience with Next Generation and Sanger Sequencing is required
- Advanced knowledge of sequencing chemistries and methods is required
- Experience designing and troubleshooting sequencing assays and the ability to explain unexpected results and solve technical issues is required
Integrity & Dedication, Working Together & Sharing Success; Do the Right Thing & Do it Right.
Our greatest asset is our people, WuXi is dedicated to providing opportunities for internal growth with direct access to a dedicated and accessible Human Resources team.
WuXi AppTec provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.