Yokogawa Corporation of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - SYSTEMS
at Yokogawa Corporation of America
The Business Development Manager is responsible for prospecting and qualifying new key End User and increasing revenue for all Yokogawa Systems and Analytical Business Units. The Business Development Manager systematically ensures that account plans are in place, executes the growth strategy for his/ her accounts and executes the sales process to achieve growth target and customer satisfaction objectives. The territory consists of Midwest and Northeast US. The home office for this role can be located anywhere suitable in the territory.
This role involves:
1 Consultative, Relationship Management
2 Business Development
3 Market Strategy Development
4 Closing multi-million dollar contracts
- Develop new business in designated market for end-users, act as primary business development person in assigned territory; identify key end-users; identify development/sales opportunities and engage prospecting and qualifying actions with end users; define the growth strategy for assigned accounts and drive implementation.
- Build Relationships with key end users in assigned territory.
- Support local requests from partners to visit potential end users
- Manage potential leads or opportunities that come from marketing activities.
- Organize demos of products with the Technical Consulting team for any requested customers in assigned territory.
- Execute local key end-user events and within assigned territories.
- Develop a strategic plan in conjunction with company goals for the territory assigned and execute to achieve annual objectives.
- Create and maintain strong relationships with key decision makers. Meet frequently with key personnel to discuss Yokogawa solutions, opportunities and strategies for project success, ultimately growing the business.
- Participate in internal strategy meetings when necessary.
- Support the preparation of proposals so they adequately address customer needs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Participate in local/regional/national industry association events as required.
- Follow up on any potential leads or opportunities.
- Execute local key End-User events and within assigned territories
- Conduct joint calls with Rep partners and Technical Consultants.
- Establish and maintain a working relationship with Rep partners and Technical Consultants to exchange information on new product needs, competitive threats, and End-User activities.
- Work with Sales Manager to identify any end user opportunities that channel partners bring to us.
- Sales Quota for assigned territory
- Total Pipeline in assigned territory
- Individual KPI's as assigned by Sales Manager.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical area
- Minimum 5 years experience working as a Sales Manager/ Business Development Manager averaging $4-$5 million in annual revenue
- Established contacts with decision makers from different segments of the local markets. Chemical and Oil&Gas preferred
- Candidate must have experience calling on End User clients and C-Level clients
- General technical knowledge of control systems and analytical systems
- Proven competencies in business development and account management
- Successful in conceptual sales or solutions sales
Soft skill competencies
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Strong communication and presentation skills; tailoring the approach according to customer needs. High level of empathy
- Ability to simplify and clarify complex problems to broad and diverse audiences and to influence appropriately
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, company management, and fellow employees.
- Demonstrate good personal and project leadership, including the ability to positively challenge in a solution finding framework
- Excellent initiative, interpersonal and organizational communication skills are expected
- Relate to internal and external clients at all levels, and to communicate both on a technical and non-technical basis
- Microsoft CRM
- MS Office Suite. Word, Excel, Power Point.
- 60% of the time to be spent on properly planning any customer visits & prospecting new opportunities
- 25% of the time meeting with territory management and account planning
- 15% of the time is expected to be spend on collaboration/Informing the local sales team about progress and transfer of opportunities identified
Travel required for 75% of the time